Workplaces are one of the easiest places to get into an unhealthy lifestyle such as eating junk food, sitting all day being inactive and etc.
According to the research, Malaysia has the highest rate of obesity and overweight among Asian countries with 64% of male and 65% of female population being either obese or overweight. The rate is at a worrying level.
The first step to ensure every employee in your organization is health-oriented is to create a corporate health and wellness program for them. With the help of this program, they will be educated on the benefits of good health and help them become healthier and fitter.
A study published in a 2012 issue of Obesity found that when people are supported and inspired, such as by co-workers, they have a better chance of losing weight.
A workplace weight loss challenge will foster engagement and teamwork, it helps to create a fun and social work environment and keeps the employees motivated.
Here are 7 ways on how to run a corporate weight loss program for your employees.
- Planning & preparation. Prepare, promote and invite participants to join the challenge.
- Setting the Parameters & Ground Rules. Deciding the time frame of the challenge, weekly weigh-ins and final numbers.
- Engaging fitness trainers to run exercise classes for your employees.
- Hire an expert to educate your employees on the diet. Diet plays an important roles in weight loss journey. 70% of your weight loss is based on your diet. It’ll be helpful to have an expert to educate your employees.
- Tracking & Announcing Progress. This could help them to increase of their mindfulness on their lifestyle and also to see how much they have progressed throughout the program.
- Supporting activities on the challenge. Plan related activities for the employees that could also bring people together to bond over good health.
- Handling & Celebrating success. Announcing the result and the statistic of the challenge and don’t forget to celebrate the success.
For more information on how to run a holistic corporate wellness & weight loss program for your employees, feel free to check out our award-winning Bukan Soal Kurus 8-week Corporate program or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.