Work can be demanding and need a lot of our attention. We could get so caught up with work and meetings at work that we would sit for hours without leaving our seats.
However, research has linked sitting for long period of time with a number of health concerns. They include obesity, high blood pressure, excess body fat around the waist, back pain, cardiovascular disease and cancer.
How to save our health from these risks?
- Work more movement into your day: Stand up and stretch every half hour. Touch your toes, stretch your back.
- Take a stroll around the office.
- Stand while talking on the phone instead of sitting at your desk
- Use the stairs instead of the lift or escalator
- Take your lunch break away from your desk and enjoy a short walk outside if you can.
- Move your rubbish bin away from your desk so you have to get up to throw anything away.
The impact of movement even just a leisure movement can be profound. All these things can help stop the negative effects of uninterrupted sitting and keep you on the road to good health.
For more information on how to run a holistic corporate wellness & weight loss program for your employees, feel free to check out our award-winning Bukan Soal Kurus 8-week Corporate program or drop us an email at email@example.com.